TIAS School for Business & Society 10 January 2019 2 min read

A year at TIAS: the one where Anna moves to the Netherlands

This January marks 4 months since I packed all my life in 2 suitcases, stepped outside the door of the lovely apartment I had in Moscow, kissed my parents goodbye, and took a 3-hour flight to begin a new life in the Netherlands, the country I’ve always been fascinated with.

The decision to move abroad to start the FTMScBA program at TIAS, as many other serious choices we make in our lives, didn’t come easy to me. I knew I would miss the people, the city I was born and raised in, the little things you get used to after 22 years of living in one place. However, I was eager to take a risk, to challenge myself into trying something new and exciting, to have an incredible chance of elevating my career prospects to a whole different level. To go international…!

Full-time MScBA students TIAS School for Business and SocietyBecoming pro at biking / October 2019

I still remember my first day in Utrecht as if it was yesterday. The lively city full of students and young professionals greeted me with surprisingly sunny weather and a complex flow of cyclists coming from every corner. Each and every day I fall in love with the city even more, learning the new hot spots and the best places to socialize.

Thanks to TIAS I made friends with the most amazing people from all over the world: the Netherlands, the USA, Italy, Greece, Argentina, India, Vietnam…the list goes on and on.

Full-time MScBA students TIAS School for Business and SocietyDrinks after a long week of class with TIAS friends / Oktober 2018

TIAS is so much more than just academics, but we do study hard in order to achieve our goals. Regular personal and career development sessions held at TIAS contribute immensely to a better understanding of yourself and other cultures. Needless to say, that I am very excited about the beginning of the new semester with my new Business Analytics study group! 

Full-time MScBA students TIAS School for Business and SocietyTeam building session with the new study group / January 2019

This blog was written by Full-time MScBA student Anna Kuleshova (22) from Russia. 

Read more about the Full-time MScBA

Subjects: