TIAS School for Business & Society 26 June 2019 2 min read

A year at TIAS: Never Stop Learning!

In the spring of 2018, after I made the decision to apply to business schools in the Netherlands, I remember shortlisting business schools based on rankings and course content. I was attracted to TIAS, because of its unique specialization course offerings, in particular, Business Analytics. I was eventually convinced TIAS would be the right place for me thanks to Jess, the Admissions Manager, who was very supportive throughout the process of sorting out my visa, scholarship and accommodation.

Moyo Adenmosun 1First TSC meeting with the board members

My memories over the past year with the TIAS community has been filled with amazing highs and learning points. They include being taught to ride a bike by my Vietnamese classmate, dancing in the street in front of the TIAS building with my class on King’s day, being selected for a role in the Student Consultancy Committee Chair, connecting with alumni and MBA students over drinks at various events and practicing Dutch with any of the ‘Dutchies’ who were (un)lucky enough to cross my path at the coffee machine!

However, what stands out the most for me during the past year is how TIAS has provided me with an enabling environment to think in greater detail how I can practically express my personal desire to impact society through business. This has come through in the incorporation of Corporate Social Responsibility lectures throughout the year as well as a week-long study trip to Portugal where we spent our days visiting social impact hubs, speaking to entrepreneurs and presenting our own ideas on how we could address various social issues in our communities.

Moyo Adenmosun 3-1

My time at TIAS has left me incredibly grateful for the skills and network I have built and I look forward to seeing the role they will play in my ambition to solve business and societal challenges!

This blog was written by Full-time MScBA student Moyo Adenmosun (25) from Nigeria.

Read more about the Full-time MScBA

Subjects: