TIAS School for Business & Society 06 June 2019 2 min read

A year at TIAS: My TIAS experience

Almost a year ago, I decided to apply for the MScBA course at TIAS. Since then, I have met so many interesting people and made many good friends. Overall, I am very happy with my decision to pursue this master; it’s packed full of interesting experiences and will ultimately support me in my future career. 

During the MScBA course, you will be part of two teams; one during the foundation courses and one during the specialization courses. These teams can be a great basis for the friendships you make during TIAS; cooking for each other, going out for dinner or even celebrating Sinterklaas together.

Full-time MScBA students - TIAS School for Business and Society
But of course, you quickly bond with people throughout the entire class. You may even also have the opportunity to collaborate with your fellow students through one of the TIAS organizations. Due to my ambition in consultancy, I was interested in working for the TIAS Student Consultancy (TSC). Together with my team, we worked for a tech start-up called Nurtio; an interesting insight on the start-up experience!

Now, having completed all courses thus far (let’s ignore the last essay due in mid-June) I am about to embark on my thesis experience. Sadly, that means that I won’t be seeing most of my class until graduation in December. However, I have many good memories to look back on such as the TIAS gala organized by TSA (another TIAS organization).

Full-time MScBA students - TIAS School for Business and SocietyMoreover, during thesis I will also keep myself busy with finding professional opportunities which fit my ambitions. For that I recognize the valuable support on which I can count on from the TIAS Career Services. To add to that, the personal coach which has been assigned to me at the start of the year, is very supportive on any personal/professional aspect I need help on. Overall, I’m very happy with my decision to study at TIAS. Time has honestly flown by and I don’t regret one minute of it.

This blog was written by Full-time MScBA student Laurien Klaassen (25) from The Netherlands.

Read more about the Full-time MScBA

Subjects: