TIAS School for Business & Society 20 June 2019 2 min read

A year at TIAS: An extraordinary journey

I have always dreamed of studying abroad since I was in secondary school. The feeling of going to a new place and experiencing a totally different culture has always been exciting for me. So naturally, I was super determined to have the opportunity to study abroad in my 20s. When I got to TIAS School for Business and Society, I fell in love with the community here. Having the chance to work with students from all around the world, I believe that this is truly an amazing journey to broaden my horizon and learn from others.

Viet Long Nguyen 1Photo: This is me standing in front of the TIAS Campus, you can notice some bikes in the picture – one of the very special things about The Netherlands

Spending almost the whole year with my study groups, I cannot express how happy I am when being among wonderful people. We spend the majority of our time discussing different school projects, talking and hanging out together.

I have learned how to pose myself in a video clip for a Marketing course (although I used to feel very uncomfortable standing in front of a camera), how to be more creative in brainstorming sessions, and finally, how to be more confident in expressing my opinions. It was the most wonderful experience and I have learned a lot from my friends!

Coming to TIAS means you are not only choosing great classrooms and professors, but also excellent career services and coaching. Up to now, I have attended many workshops and coaching sessions, in which I learned how to write my motivation letter, edit my LinkedIn Profile, prepare for interviews and many other skills. I would definitely recommend this feature to any student that is considering different business schools.Viet Long Nguyen 2Photo: My study group and I during our international study trip to Palermo, Italy

It has been almost a year since I started my MScBA at TIAS and to be honest, if you are from Vietnam or any other country where cities never sleep, Utrecht – the city where the TIAS campus is located, will be a little bit boring at the beginning. However, believe me, the more time you spend here, the more you will fall in love with this charming and peaceful city. Let’s spend a Sunday afternoon sitting next to the canals, have some drinks, and talk with your friends, you will definitely start falling in love with this place!
Viet Long Nguyen 3You will fall in love with Utrecht!

This blog was written by Full-time MScBA student Viet Long Nguyen (25) from Vietnam.

Read more about the Full-time MScBA

Subjects: